Kumon Educational Ireland is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. We would like to share our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
www.kumon.ie is a site operated by Kumon Educational Ireland, which is a branch of Kumon Europe & Africa Limited.
Kumon Educational Ireland (“Kumon Ireland”)
Company registration number: 905701
Company registration address: Suite 204, First Floor Arena House, Arena Road, Sandyford Business District, Dublin 18
Registered in Ireland
We may revise these terms at any time by amending this page; please check this page regularly to take notice of any changes, as they are binding.
Personal data entered into this website is treated as confidential and will be dealt with in accordance with Data Protection Act 1988.
Kumon Ireland is the licensee of all the Intellectual Property rights on our site, and in the material published throughout it. Those works are protected by copyright law and treaties around the world. The content of this website is protected under the Intellectual Property laws of the Republic of Ireland. All such rights are reserved. You acknowledge that you must not modify, copy, distribute, reproduce the website or any of the Intellectual Property Rights on our website.
Limitation of Liability
The use of this website is at the user own risk. Kumon Ireland may update our website from time to time and may change content at any time. Kumon Ireland do not guarantee that this website will be free from errors and omission and therefore Kumon Ireland makes no representations and warranties of any kind whether expressed or implied relating to the accuracy of this website.
Kumon Ireland accept no liability for any damage, loss or consequential loss arising or in connection with using or the inability to use our website and/or the reliance of information and content obtained from our website.
Kumon Ireland do not guarantee that our site is free from viruses or any other technologically harmful material and therefore Kumon Ireland accept no liability for loss or damage in relation to viruses that may affect your computer equipment, computer software, data, programs and any other material due to the use of our website. Please ensure you have adequate protective measures to protect yourself against loss or damage.
Third Party Linking
The website may refer to other websites or provide links to third party websites, use of these other websites is entirely at the users own risk. Where our website provides links to third party websites these inks are provided for your information only. Kumon Ireland have no control over the content of those websites and therefore this should not be seen as an endorsement from Kumon Ireland.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
If you have any comments or queries relating to our website please contact us at: email@example.com
1. By undertaking the Early Learner Free Trial in a Kumon Study Centre, the parent is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The Early Learner Free Trial is for a maximum of two weeks of Kumon study, to be taken as one subject for two consecutive weeks or two subjects (dual study) for two consecutive weeks.
3. The Early Learner Free Trial must commence on a day within the months of June – August 2017, please note dates may vary at each participating study centre.
4. The Early Learner Free Trial offer is subject to availability; a maximum of ten Early Learner Free Trial students are permitted per Kumon Study Centre. This is strictly on a first come first serve basis.
5. The Early Learner Free Trial offer is only available for children up to & including the age of 4.
6. Parents and child must attend an enrolment session as part of the Early Learner Free Trial and allow their child to undertake diagnostic testing for each subject to be trialled, in order to ascertain the correct starting point for their Kumon study.
7. For the duration of the Early Learner Free Trial, the parent must ensure the child continues with daily study as part of the Kumon Method of Learning. It is the parent’s responsibility to mark the child’s homework and ensure that corrections are completed as instructed by the Kumon Instructor.
8. Parents must sign a Data Protection Consent Form prior to undertaking the Early Learner Free Trial to obtain Kumon instruction at the Kumon Study Centre.
9. The Early Learner Free Trial cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer from Kumon.
10. Kumon and Instructors reserve the right to refuse the use of the Early Learner Free Trial offer at their absolute discretion.
11. During the study centre sessions parents are required to wait outside of the classroom but on venue premises unless directed otherwise by the Instructor. Each child must be signed in/out of each class using a register.
12. The Early Learner Free Trial can only be used at participating Kumon Study Centres and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives.
13. The Early Learner Free Trial cannot be used for students who have discontinued or participated in a Free Trial within the last six months. A child may only use one Early Learner Free Trial during the campaign.
14. Parents shall inform the Instructor of any pre-planned and/or pre-booked holidays which will interfere with the Early Learner Free Trial and study before registering.
15. The worksheets shall at all times be the property of the Instructor, and are given to the child to complete at the Instructor’s sole discretion. Once the child has completed the worksheets and completed any corrections, the worksheets shall be returned to the Instructor upon request.
16. The parent or child must not photocopy or reuse any worksheets.
17. Within the duration of Early Learner Free Trial the parent is not liable to pay fees for exchange of the Kumon Method in accordance with these terms and conditions.
18. All Kumon materials must be returned to the study centre once the Early Learner Free Trial has ended.
19. Parents must notify the Instructor immediately if they wish to discontinue the Early Learner Free Trial or are unable to attend a study centre session.
20. Neither Kumon Associates nor Instructors will tolerate aggressive, abusive or disruptive behaviour. In the event that a child or parent behaves in an unacceptable manner they will be asked to leave the study centre and the child shall be automatically removed from the study centre and refused future access to the study centre.
21. Should the child continue to attend Kumon after the Early Learner Free Trial expires, fees for Kumon study will be payable from the 15th day after their first day of study.
22. Should the child continue Kumon study after the Early Learner Free Trial, the parent must complete and sign the registration documentation after the Free Trial has come to an end.
23. Should a parent decide that their child shall continue with Kumon study following the completion of the Early Learner Free Trial, it will be necessary for the parent to enter into terms and conditions with the relevant Instructor and pay the appropriate registration and monthly subscription fees.
24. Complaints shall be raised directly with the Instructor in accordance with the complaints procedure.
25. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to this Agreement.
26. Notices under this agreement must be in writing.
27. Any dispute or claims arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions, subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. It is agreed that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes.
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the kumon.ie website. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.kumon.ie you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Collection of personal information
On our site, you can request further information about studying with Kumon, apply for jobs with Kumon Educational Ireland and apply to become a franchisee running your own Kumon study centre. Kumon Educational Ireland maintains the confidentiality, security and integrity of all personal information that we obtain from our users.
We use the information you provide about yourself only to complete your enquiry or application. We are required to collect this information in order to complete your enquiry or application. We do not share this information with outside parties.
Personal information collected by Kumon Educational Ireland is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. We use return email addresses to answer the emails we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee of £10 will be payable to cover administrative costs. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Data Protection Officer, Kumon Europe & Africa Limited, 5th Floor, The Grange, 100 High Street, Southgate, London N14 6BN, United Kingdom.
By submitting your personal data to Kumon Educational Ireland, you hereby consent that Kumon Educational Ireland registers and stores said personal data for the purpose of administering your application or enquiry.
Collection of statistics about user’s behaviour and “remarketing”
Kumon, or our analytics partners, may send a cookie to your computer or use web beacons to gather statistical information.
A cookie does not personally identify you. It is simply a way to know that a particular web browser was used to visit our sites.
A web beacon does not personally identify you. It is simply a way to automatically send information about pages and content used to an analysis tool.
Cookies and web beacons allows us to understand things such as whether a particular web browser is spending much time on our sites, visiting several times per month and other types of analysis.
If you never provide us with personally identifiable information, then your visits – despite us using cookies or web beacons – are anonymous. We don’t know the actual person linked with the cookie.
For example, we use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Google Analytics will place a cookie on your browser so we are able to allow our third-party business partners, including Google, ad servers, and ad networks, to serve you advertisements (“ads”) based on your prior visits to our website. These ads are delivered to you on third-party websites and services across the Internet.
Kumon does not sell, rent, or share the information we collect directly from you or about you from third parties with these third-party business partners for such parties’ own marketing purposes.
Users wishing to opt out of receiving adverts as a result of non-personally identifiable information should visit www.networkadvertising.org/choices and follow the onscreen instructions. Kumon operates a strict opt-in policy for users who provide us with personally identifiable information.